[Xymon] Monitoring large file

Neil Simmonds neilsimmonds1808 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:29:52 CET 2016

Hi all, I've got a requirement to monitor for the existence of some quite
large files but I'm having a problem.

I've updated the client-local.cfg file and the relevant files are showing
green on the Xymon page, however even if i code the full name of one of the
files in analysis.cfg it's not turning yellow.

The only thing I can find that might be the problem is if I look at the
client data from the link on the Xymon page, all the file entries look like
this,

[file:/veeam1/SERVER1_PROD/SERVER1_PROD2016-03-11T173239.vbk]
ERROR: Value too large to be stored in data type

These files are all quite large (this particular one is 691Gb)

Is this a limitation in Xymon that I'm being affected by?

Bizarrely if I code the following in my analysis.cfg file,

FILE "/veeam1/SERVER1_PROD/SERVER1_PROD2016-03-12T170312.vbk" yellow exist

It then reports yellow and says the file is missing despite the fact that
it clearly isn't.

Thanks,
Neil.