[Xymon] How Xymon invokes an SSH connection to the Client?

Mon Mar 14 00:16:09 CET 2016

On 14/03/16 07:54, Agege Information Systems, Inc. wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Please what kind of code or internal scripts Xymon runs to invoke an
> SSH connection to the client and what runs the Xymon client scripts.
>
> In order words, please could you enlighten me with the actual commands
> or codes or scripts that Xymon uses for the SSH connection and any
> Xymon codes running on each Client.

In the standard installation method, the server doesn't use ssh to
connect to the client and collect information. The only connections the
server initiates are the "network" tests, eg, ping, smtp, http, etc...
The client runs it's own client installation package, which will collect
all the local information (disk space, processes running, network ports,
etc) and then send those to the server using the Xymon protocol
(extended from the original Big Brother protocol, but still backwards
compatible).

There are numerous options available for altering that method, including
having the server use ssh to connect to the client and collect the data
at regular intervals.

Also, all source code is available, so feel free to peruse that for the
ultimate finer details.

Regards,
Adam

--