[Xymon] Criticaleditor.sh - issues after upgrading to 4.3.26. [ + ackinfo.sh ]

Richard Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:57:22 CET 2016

With different paths (e.g. /export/home/xymon/cgi-secure/...) on Solaris 11
(SPARC), I'm seeing the criticaleditor.sh issue too; nothing of consequence
differs from the existing and the newly supplied xymon-apache.conf, so
that's not it.

I'm all green/clear right now, so I don't have anything to acknowledge and
try that, I guess. :-)

Aside from an rcsid[] line, I don't see any difference in cgiwrap.c or
criticaleditor.c between 4.3.25 and 4.3.26; going back to 4.3.24, there are
definitely differences.

Just for the heck of it, I compiled 4.3.24, moved over
server/bin/criticaleditor.cgi to save it under a different name, and
dropped in the 4.3.24 version of it.  The page then came up without the
redirect problem!  I did _not_ attempt editing anything, just in case the
stored data format might have been changed/upgraded.  Note: I didn't even
replace cgiwrap or the link to it with the old one, just the actual
criticaleditor.cgi binary.

So something between 4.3.24 and 4.3.26 broke it - probably something in
criticaleditor.c.