[Xymon] Issue with Regex and NORRDDISKS Setting

Matt Vander Werf matt1299 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:31:33 CET 2016

Hello,

Looking at past list e-mails, it is my understanding that the NORRDDISKS
setting in xymonserver.cfg allows for PCRE regular expressions. Is this
correct? Or does it only allow certain PCRE regular expressions, but not
everything?

I ask because I'm experiencing an issue with my NORRDDISKS setting.

I'd like to ignore disks for graphing that have mount points "/tmp", but
not ignore disks with mount points that have "tmp" in them, like
"/tmpscratch".

I noticed that for other disk mount point names that if you just use
"^/<name>" with no modifiers, then it only ignores disk mount points with
"^/<name>/<more name>" (at least from what I can tell).

For example when using:

NORRDDISKS="^/dev|^/tmp|^/var"

It ignores disks with mount points "/dev" and "/var", but also "/tmp" AND
"/tmpscratch". But it doesn't look like it ignores "/var/tmp" (at least as
far as I can tell).

I tried using "^/tmp$" and that didn't work either (still ignored both
names).

Any idea what's going on here? Or how this can be done correctly? Is the
"$" metacharacter not allowed in this setting?

If it's needed, I'm running the latest 4.3.26-1 Terabithia RPM on RHEL 7.

Thanks for any help!!

--
Matt Vander Werf