[Xymon] question

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Jun 27 09:35:43 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM <m.pingel at ndr.de> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thank you, that you stay on this idea.
>
> I have install you script.
> There I have the question: what mean you with "match(/usr/sbin/named)"?
> --> Is that to filter the correct process with regex?
>
> If you have windows clients you don't have the [ps] section, but the
> [procs] section.
>
> Here you see the result for a [procs]
> *2016-Jun-12 17:30:30 [AK-MOS-SRV-A] All processes are ok*
>  Mosart_Control_Panel_x64.exe (Mosart Control Panel) =1 - 1 instance
> running
> [image: green] MMConsoleAdmin_MOS.exe (Manus Administrator) =1 - 1
> instance running
> [image: green] MMMediaAdministrator.exe (Media Administrator) =1 - 1
> instance running
> [image: green] MMOverLayGraphicsInterface.exe (Overlay Grahics) =1 - 1
> instance running
> [image: green] MMAVAutomation.exe (AV Automation) =1 - 1 instance running
> [image: green] rtpMIDISvc.exe (rtpMIDI) =1 - 1 instance running
> [image: green] mcshield.exe (McAfee Shield) =1 - 1 instance running
> [image: green] MosartMultiGUI.exe (Mosart GUI) =0 - 0 instance running
>
> Here was my idea that I can configure these mem test what you have written.
>
> Here you have a result file of the tasklist in windows.

Just to  close the loop on this, I have completed building a
"xymon-procmem" script for reporting and graphing the memory usage of one
or more specified processes.  Full details at the webpage (refer
Xymonton).  It's been tested on bbwin and Linux clients.  Feedback would be
welcomed.  Thanks for Matthias for being an alpha tester.