[Xymon] Reload error

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jun 22 20:38:48 CEST 2016

On Tue, June 21, 2016 7:50 am, Joshua Hunt wrote:
> I've been getting an error with Xymon since I edited the host page last,
> and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. Error is as follows:
>
> -> Recipient 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx', timeout 15
> -> 1st line: 'config hosts.cfg'
> Cannot load hosts.cfg from xymond, code 7
> Failed to load from xymond, reverting to file-load
> Whoops! Failed to send a message (timeout)
>
> And this repeats for a while in /alert.log. As a result, my xymon page is
> currently saying it is still... Fri Jun 17 07:35:35 2016. I would like to
> avoid posting my actual hosts.cfg page, but if it comes to that I will do
> so. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've compared my hosts.cfg file to
> others I can find, and I don't see any reason why there should be errors.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joshua

Hi,

This message is generated by the various worker processes if they can't
retrieve the config from the xymond process. If you're seeing this with
alert.log *and* your pages aren't updated (xymongen does the same thing),
then there's a problem with xymond itself (or you're very heavily loaded).

Check xymond.log for issues (and/or xymonlaunch.log) and see if you can
hit it locally using the 'xymon' command line tool (typically something
like:
xymon localhost:1984 xymondboard
or
xymon 127.0.0.1:1984 "config hosts.cfg")

If nothing else is shown in the error logs, restarting xymond should fix
it, and/or indicate what's going on if it's failing.

HTH,
-jc