[Xymon] Intelligent CPU Load Settings

Bill Howe howe.bill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:47:39 CEST 2016

After a few days in production, this works best when you set the default
load in analysis.cfg to a super low warning level of "0.1" and a critical
of something very high like "100.0".

That way, a hostdata file is generated for a system that has not had its
load auto calculated. (and you don't get alert emails/texts as its only at
warning)

The cron script works best when run from /etc/cron.hourly instead of daily,
in order to capture newly added systems faster.

Since Enterprise Linux 5 systems do not report nproc data, you will still
need to manually enter those systems into an analysis file somewhere...but
works great on CentOS/Oracle 6 and 7.

Bill Howe
howe.bill at gmail.com <http://www.linkedin.com/in/whowe>