[Xymon] XymonPSclient EXT scripts

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Thu Jun 16 02:36:42 CEST 2016

Hi David,

The documentation here https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tree/sandbox/WinPSClient/XymonPSClient.doc is pretty good for the PowerShell client you should have a read through that if you haven’t already.

To answer your questions:

1.       Yes, your script should be writing a file to a directory that the PowerShell client will then send to xymon when it runs as a status message. The location you need to write to will default to “<installation dir>\tmp” unless you specify it as something else using the externaldatalocation element in the xymonclient_config.xml

2.       I’m not familiar with hotfix.ps1 – what is it ? can you link to it somewhere? You are running it using Synchronous mode (see the documentation) this waits for the script to complete before the client continues running – for some reason your script is not finishing (or not running at all) which is causing your client to not finish running.

First step to troubleshoot is get to the point where you can run the script on its own and it’s writing the output file to the correct directory. If it isn’t doing that, that is the first thing you need to fix.
Regards,

Brandon