[Xymon] Windows disk I/O stats

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Fri Jun 10 08:06:04 CEST 2016

zak.beck at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I haven't tackled your exact problem but if you upgraded to the latest client
> (2.15) you would gain the capability to execute and collect data from external
> scripts.
>
> You could then write a Powershell script to collect the data from performance
> counters (perfmon). This should not be expensive as the OS is already
> collecting this data, you're just reading it.
>
> You can use Perfmon to determine which counters you need to collect, then
> Get-Counter in Powershell to read the counters.
>
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872428.aspx
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21086389/how-to-select-a-performance-counter-with-get-counter-with-in-name
>

> Zak

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at those links and I think I can
probably put something together.  At the end of the day, disk I/O is
going to be 'just a number' and I am not sure what they are expecting to
do with it, it might be a symptom of application mal-performance but
it's not going to be the cause so I suppose it will tell them when they
have fixed the problem.
--
Andy