[Xymon] NCV RRDs

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Tue Jun 7 20:02:20 CEST 2016

Hey,

I don't know why I keep tripping over this...I'm trying to create some new graphs but the RRD files aren't being created properly (SPLITNCV).  I have the following definitions:

GRAPHS_threads="threads"
TEST2RRD="...,threads=ncv"
SPLITNCV_threads="*:NONE,total:GAUGE,consumed:GAUGE"

This is what is returned in the message that I care about:

<!--
pctutil: 3
total: 51
consumed: 2
-->

etc.

This aligns with my other configs (*:NONE is new) but I'm not getting the rrds created as separate rrds and I am getting a LOT more inside the RRD than just the 3 I would expect based on the incoming data.  The output it's parsing has a LOT of colon separated entities but I set up a sed filter to force ':' to ':'.  It seems like Xymon is parsing the encoded colon just as it would a normal colon.  Has anyone else gotten this to work?

thanks

=G=