[Xymon] Xymon Client Short Hostname (was: Re: xymon for AIX)

Wonder fo wonderfoo2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:46:41 CEST 2016

There were two issues that seemed to have resolved -  related to the AIX
clients. Both were resolved through the tips provided along these threads.
One was opening up the Centos server firewall ports AND the suggestion
provided by Ryan to cure the state with client web pages not getting
updates - shown as 'Ghost Clients' under 'Reports'  (no updates until the
short hostnames were populated in host cfg on the xymon server). All of our
*NIX hosts were of FQDN hostnames in this environment.

Hope that clarify the 'mystery' surrounding AIX client for xymon on this
thread.

Thank you ALL!