[Xymon] SNMP

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Jul 26 00:41:52 CEST 2016

On 26/07/2016 7:27 AM, "Oskar Hammarström" <oskar at campnorthernlight.com>
wrote:

> hi there, I am wondering if Xymon supports SNMP and if it does how would
i best go about setting up SNMP to monitor my LAN and then graph the bytes
useage?

> Thanks in advance.

Oscar

Xymon doesn't have native support for SNMP.  However, plenty of people -
myself included - use an add-on called Devmon to perform SNMP probes and
report results to Xymon.  The integration of Devmon with Xymon works very
well, in fact Xymon has code specifically to work with Devmon.

If you want to handle SNMP traps, you can get a trap collector that
translates to syslog messages, and then Xymon can report on the log
messages.

Cheers
Jeremy