[Xymon] Multiple Host Instances

Joshua Hunt joshuasocrates at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:05:58 CEST 2016

I think I see where I went a bit wrong in my explanation process here. I
have one host, that I need set up as three individual hosts. So I need
site.address.domain to run testing1, I need a *second* host of
site.address.domain to run testing2, and a *third* to run testing3,
however, I also need these 3 tests to be completely separated from each
other. What I'm running into is that while I can have Xymon only show
testing1 for the first instance of the host, and testing2 for the second
instance, if testing1 has an error alerts xymon to turn red, all three
instances of site.address.domain also turn red.

When I click on the *info* column for any site.address.domain connected
*host*, it shows that for site.address.domain, testing1, testing2, and
testing3 are all running, even though only one of columns will show up, as
I now have it defined to do so in the hosts.cfg file.