[Xymon] Xymon stops sending alert.

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Sun Jul 10 04:22:48 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 2:43 AM Sir Balash <sirbakash at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Please what could be the reason Xymon stops sending alerts, even when
>> nothing has changed from the configurations.
>>
>> After installing Xymon Client on Widows 2008 server, the client didn't
>> report to Xymon dashboard.
>>
>> Also, our Oracle servers reported that Xymon is not sending alerts for
>> the past two weeks.
>>

>> I have looked and the notifications.log to confirm.  Please I would
>> appreciate if you can give me an idea of what else I need to look.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sir Balash

Sir

I'm a bit confused.  There seems to be two problems, although the same
fault could cause both:

1. One Windows 2008 server is not sending updates to the Xymon server. Do
the network tests (eg ping/conn) work for this client? Is this a new client
or was it previously setup in Xymon?  Have you put the client details into
hosts.cfg?  Have you checked the ghosts report?

2. Some other servers (all of which are running Oracle) are not having
alert emails sent for red status for 2 weeks.  Have there been any red
status messages in the last 2 weeks?  Were there any configuration changes
on the Xymon server 2 weeks ago (eg the timestamps of the files).

Do you have other servers (not the Oracle or Windows 2008 servers) that are
working correctly with Xymon (reporting correctly, generating alert emails
on red condition)?