[Xymon] BigBrother Client 460 not working with Xymon version 4.3.27

Zach Olinske zach.olinske at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:03:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

We have BigBrother server, but are looking to use Xymon. We have everything
setup and ready to go, but our 100+ BigBrother servers our using the
BigBrother Client 460. Did a External IP swap that would make Xymon take
over BigBrothers IP. This worked ok, but none of the BigBrother Client
servers came up on the other end. I am not sure if a security thing is
setup, but when I use the BBWinCMD.exe command to send data to the Xymon it
works like it should, but not from the BigBrother Clients that we have on
the servers. I am not looking to save the BigBrother data, but the only
thing I took over to Xymon was some of the BB-Hosts.cfg.

I have used telnet on the server to verify port 1984 is open. That is OK.
Sent fake message using the BBWinCMD. That is OK
Restarted the Xymon Server. That is Ok
BigBrother Clients 460 coming to Xymon. Is broken.

Xymon configured with default options and it is version 4.3.27.
Maybe someone has a fix for this?

Kind regards,

Zach