[Xymon] Xymon disruption every night!

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Fri Jan 29 13:22:06 CET 2016

My intention was the figure out if the network connection of the Xymon server itself has a problem…
For example, if your Xymon server is hardware, then it has a wired network interface that is connected to a network switch. That’s your link between the Xymon server and all of your other VMs and physical servers.
From my side, if you only see problems on the Xymon server, I’ld have a look at this particular switch port or the cable infrastructure to the Xymon server. Or could there be a firewall rule preventing the Xymon server accessing the DNS server?

By the way – do you have only one DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf? Did you check the logs on your DNS server? Can you issue a continuous ping to the Xymon server to see if it loses some packages in 24hours?

Regards
Christian

Christian Becker
IT-Services

Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net<mailto:Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net>
Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH
August-Horch-Straße 28
D-56070 Koblenz
Verleger und Geschäftsführer: Walterpeter Twer
Reg.-Gericht Koblenz HRB 121
Finanzamt Koblenz Str.Nr. 22 65 10 285 2
www.rhein-zeitung.de<http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/>