[Xymon] Question about hobbit-plugins (apt and libs)

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Tue Jan 26 12:16:20 CET 2016

Hi,

I am new to XYmon (and happy to have found it) and I would like to see
every icon in green :-).

I have installed the hobbit-plugins on two linux servers (Ubuntu 14.04
*) and the 'apt' and 'libs' icons remains yellow.

The details are as follow:

- apt: 'Packages not installed from apt repositories'

- libs: 'One of /proc/config.gz and /boot/config-3.13.0-76-generic was
not found, cannot check kernel uptodateness' and 'The following
processes have libs linked that were upgraded' (mysql)

Is there a way to disable these particular checks ?

For 'apt', it seems normal to me to install software from special
repositories to get actual versions.

For 'libs', the first "problem" is normal with Ubuntu (no
'/proc/config.gz' file). I don't know what to think of the other one. It
looks like 'mysql' has been compiled with libraries that have been or
should have been updated.

Thanks in advance
Yann Lehmann

* both the XYmon server and the hobbit-plugins were not installed from
the 14.04 repos as they are outdated