[Xymon] log monitoring hostname matching trouble

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jan 13 16:57:00 CET 2016

Hi Ed,

The 10 minute interval is actually an artifact of the run frequency (1x to
download the updated file, but not used until the next run). For testing,
or any other purpose, simply increase the 'INTERVAL' in the client section
of clientlaunch.cfg to something more frequent than that. (I tend to use
100s instead of 5m.)

There's nothing sacrosanct about that interval, so as long as your systems
can handle additional traffic and incoming message load, it can be lowered
below 5m as desired (shouldn't be raised higher than 5m). The only real
negative side effect is that you'll see more "process spam" in the form of
simultaneous backgrounded vmstat processes.

HTH,
-jc