[Xymon] MAGMA XYMon Web GUI Admin Now Available!

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:06:47 CET 2016

I have a collection of PHP scripts that use a sqlite database to handle
something like a CMDB.  Its main purpose is to spit out config files for
registers in stores.  It has tables for regions, store complexes, stores,
servers, registers, etc.  When we started a big rollout, I wrote a PHP
script to query the tables and generate a Xymon config file containing a
tree of sub-pages.  It would be easy to trigger that to create a new config
if a new server or register checks in.  It would be nice to have analysis
and alert info in the same sqlite database, but I haven't had time to get
it done.

The thing is, it fits a very specific need, and would require a lot of
changes to make it fit someone else's infrastructure.  I did look into
using one of the several open source CMDBs, but as I recall they were more
complicated than I needed at the time.

Ralph Mitchell