[Xymon] build server on Solaris 11 (SPARC) with LDAP support?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Feb 24 18:19:26 CET 2016

On 2/23/2016 8:08 PM, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> I've never gotten this to work, either using the LDAP libs and include files that come with the system, or those from openCSW.  Has anyone ever done this successfully, and if so, how?

My notes on the subject are specific to Solaris 10, but they may be of
use to you.

 From OpenCSW, I install
> nano gmake fping gcc4core pcre libpcre_dev rrdtool librrd4 rrdtool_dev openldap_dev openssl_utils libssl_dev libwrap_dev openldap_client openssl apache2 CSWap2worker

I set my path to
> /opt/csw/bin:/opt/csw/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

Using gmake, I end up with a Makefile containing the following stanza:
> # OpenLDAP settings
> LDAPFLAGS = -DHAVE_LDAP
> LDAPINCDIR = -I/opt/csw/include
> LDAPLIBS = -L/opt/csw/lib -lldap -llber
> RPATHVAL += /opt/csw/lib
> DOLDAP = yes

I made those notes a couple of years ago. As I recall, the secret sauce
was the openldap_dev package.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services