[Xymon] combostatus

Walter Rutherford wlrutherford at alaska.edu
Tue Feb 23 19:20:14 CET 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a test to check that my systems are running ssh2 but
NOT ssh1.
Ideally I just want a single column, ssh, that reports ssh2 and only ssh2
is running.
I thought I'd have to use a combo test but all of the examples I see appear
to be for
a specific system rather than a column test for all of my monitored systems.

I was trying things like:
    (!ssh1 && ssh2)
or
   sshtest = (( ssh1 != 1) && (ssh2 == 1))

But all I got for my trouble was red ssh1 indicators. Apparently even when
ssh1 is
disabled ssh returns a status line like:
     Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2

which xymon reads as a positive result rather than a negative. I then tried
matching
the status message by modifying the test in protocols.cfg but, since I have
to also
match positive results, that didn't work either.

I'm sure I used to do this with Big Brother but at that time I'm pretty
sure ssh1 just
failed instead of returning a status so I could test for !ssh1.

  Walter R.