[Xymon] Displaying to different categories

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Feb 18 23:27:58 CET 2016

On 2/17/2016 3:09 AM, Harold Thurnstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to for a host to send events back to the xymon server so
> that the events are displayed on the same page but under different
> categories.
>
>   For example, if I have a set of machines with several of them being
> database servers, I would like all the OS information (I.e. CPUs,
> memory, etc) for each host to be displayed under one section (I.e.
> Hosts). However I would also like to generate events for the database
> servers (I.e. Table counts, space) to be sent back to be displayed under
> the same page but under a different heading (I.e. Databases).

Try listing the host a second time under a "group-only" or
"group-except" heading.
> group-only COLUMN1|COLUMN2|COLUMN3 [group-title]
>     Same as the "group" and "group-compress" lines, but includes only the columns explicitly listed in the group. Any columns not listed will be ignored for these hosts.
>
> group-except COLUMN1|COLUMN2|COLUMN3 [group-title]
>     Same as the "group-only" lines, but includes all columns EXCEPT those explicitly listed in the group. Any columns listed will be ignored for these hosts - all other columns are shown.

Xymonnet should be able to figure out to perform its tests only once.
You can apply the "prefer" tag to one of the entries if you want to be sure.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration