[Xymon] Flapping status not in BBALPHAMSG

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Feb 16 22:00:40 CET 2016

On Tue, February 16, 2016 3:24 am, Gianluca Ongaro - Var Itt wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Xymon on a server with an external dispatcher system.
> To integrate it, I use the "SCRIPT" command in alerts.cfg, but I have a
> problem with the flapping status messages.
> In the variable BBALPHAMSG I have not the "WARNING: Flapping Status"
> message and I see only a red status with a green message.
> Can you help me? Is possible to integrate the "flapping status" message?

At the moment, the "flapping status" message isn't well exposed to a
xymond_alert SCRIPT process. Rather than integrate it directly (like
disable or acknowledgement messages are), it would probably be better to
have it passed in via a distinct environment variable...

Until this is added, and as long as you aren't concerned about high
concurrency spirals during an alert storm, you can get this info by
calling back into xymon from your script using
> xymon $XYMSRV "xymondboard host=<hostname> test=<testname> fields=flapinfo"

What comes back will be as described in the xymon man page under
'xymondboard'. If the first character is '1', then it's flapping.

HTH,
-jc