[Xymon] Client startup on OS X

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:22:00 CET 2016

Ok, what I wanted to do seems to work fine.  Attached are the modified runclient.sh and my launchd plist file.  The latter would need the account name, group name, and pathnames modified as necessary (I installed in /Users/xymon/client, which may not be typical).

The modified runclient.sh will also exec xymonlaunch rather than run it and wait for it, if --no-daemon is passed; might as well save one shell process. :-)  It also allows passing --debug and --verbose options through to xymonlaunch.  None of which should affect its conventional use.