[Xymon] Client uptime

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 8 18:16:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 07:39:37PM +0200, Oskar Hammarström wrote:
> Hey there, I noticed there isn't a prewritten check for graphing the uptime
> of clients?, or is that under connection instead?

I think, there isn't one, because there's probably not much interest
in. It will be only a saw-tooth curve.

The only gain I see is a visual representation of reboot times and
complete downtimes (i.e. not only network outages).

I personally don't need a graphical representation of that data and
have uptimed (https://github.com/rpodgorny/uptimed/, also packaged in
Debian and Ubuntu at least) installed for the other mentioned purposes.

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 6                  voice: +41 44 633 41 89