[Xymon] SSL/HTTPS enabling on existing Xymon Server

Raja Shekar shekar.raaja at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:59:41 CEST 2016

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for getting back on this. I am trying to enable monitoring probes
of other servers that runs on HTTPS Services to do the health checks.  I
didn't install the xymon in the existing environment, Looks like who ever
did they didn't include Openssl-Devel package. I dont wannt to
recompile/reinstall the existing Xymon as we already in production. It
would be helpful if I can make any config changes to achieve the HTTPS
functionality. Hope this explains my problem.

Please feel free to reach me if any concerns. Once again I really
appreciate your efforts on responding to the issue. Looking forward to here
from you.

Thanks and Regards
Raja Shekar

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
wrote:

> Raja
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:10 PM Raja Shekar <shekar.raaja at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Xymon Team,
>>
>> I would like to enable SSL on XYMON Server to support https requests. As
>> I am seeing connection time out errors for HTTPS URL's.
>>
>> Our configuration supports HTTP perfectly fine and for your information
>> it is in production and live, so we don't want to do reinstall of Xymon
>> servers. Rather than is there any configuration changes we can make on
>> existing configs and do the server restart??
>>
>> Xymon Version we are using
>> Xymon version 4.3.7
>>
>> I just installed Openssl
>> OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
>>
>> Please let me know if any concerns.
>>

> Just to be clear, are you asking about enabling HTTPS connections to the
> webserver that is used to present the Xymon pages?  Or enabling monitoring
> probes of other servers that run HTTPS services?  All assume you mean the
> latter.
>
> How did you install Xymon?  Did you install from a package, or compile
> from source code?  If the latter, then you probably need to re-compile
> Xymon so that it can include support for OpenSSL.  Also, if you installed
> OpenSSL from a package, make sure you have the "openssl-devel" package
> installed as that is required for other programs to link against the
> OpenSSL libraries at compile time.
>
> I think the only binary that uses OpenSSL is xymonet, so you might be able
> to get away with only replacing this binary.

Raja Shekar