[Xymon] SSL/HTTPS enabling on existing Xymon Server

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Aug 4 03:04:40 CEST 2016

Raja

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:10 PM Raja Shekar <shekar.raaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Xymon Team,
>
> I would like to enable SSL on XYMON Server to support https requests. As I
> am seeing connection time out errors for HTTPS URL's.
>
> Our configuration supports HTTP perfectly fine and for your information it
> is in production and live, so we don't want to do reinstall of Xymon
> servers. Rather than is there any configuration changes we can make on
> existing configs and do the server restart??
>
> Xymon Version we are using
> Xymon version 4.3.7
>
> I just installed Openssl
> OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
>
> Please let me know if any concerns.

Just to be clear, are you asking about enabling HTTPS connections to the
webserver that is used to present the Xymon pages?  Or enabling monitoring
probes of other servers that run HTTPS services?  All assume you mean the
latter.

How did you install Xymon?  Did you install from a package, or compile from
source code?  If the latter, then you probably need to re-compile Xymon so
that it can include support for OpenSSL.  Also, if you installed OpenSSL
from a package, make sure you have the "openssl-devel" package installed as
that is required for other programs to link against the OpenSSL libraries
at compile time.

I think the only binary that uses OpenSSL is xymonet, so you might be able
to get away with only replacing this binary.