[Xymon] Windows PowerShell client v2.15

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Sat Apr 30 11:15:16 CEST 2016

Hi Zak,

Just wanted to say the new externals functionality is awesome and makes everything easier, I have converted one of my PowerShell scripts to write the file in the expected format using the HASH and HASHVALUE and it all works as expected - very cool.

I wanted to see if I could get a PowerShell script to run without specify HASH and HASHVALUE, the example in the documentation of external:everyscan:sync:fsmon.vbs doesn't seem to work for .ps1 scripts, I assume because you need to use the powershell.exe process to call the script.

In the documentation it says this "If PROCESS is used, HASH, HASHVALUE and ARGUMENTS must be specified. " but I decided to try it anyway without specifying them and it seems to work fine, here is an example:

external:everyscan:sync:test.ps1|powershell.exe|-file "{script}"

So the documentation doesn't seem to be completely clear on how you run a PowerShell script without the HASH and HASHVALUE specified.

Regards,

Brandon.