[Xymon] Cacti and Xymon Integration

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Thu Apr 28 07:59:05 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Does anyone have a way to integrate the data from Cacti to Xymon for alerting? At the moment I am using a few different products for SNMP monitoring and want to just use Cacti, I know of the bbmrtg script and Devmon but they don't meet my needs.

I found some references to a 2005 script called bigcactus:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6309
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/application-management/big-brother/m/customad/20439632
http://lists.xymon.com/oldarchive/2005/02/msg00126.html

Not being a Linux admin or knowing Perl makes it hard to get my head around it and it looks like it's only works with a few Novell related cacti graphs. I'm wondering if anyone is using this script or has something similar they use?

Regards,

Brandon