[Xymon] Looking for Release Advice

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Apr 27 20:56:55 CEST 2016

I just finished a month ago or so upgrading my xymon servers from 4.3.10 on CentOS5 to 4.3.21 on CentOS6. 4.3.21 was the most recent when I started. We hit some bumps, and I had many projects going on a the same time.

One gotcha I hit, was that I tried upgrading my proxies before my main server. That didn't work. There was a change in messaging in there somewhere, and the 4.3.10 server couldn't understand the 4.3.21 proxies.

The clients were actually upgraded first, and those were fine.

I'll probably loop back to get the latest in a couple months. Assuming things slow down a bit.

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of White, Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:58 PM
To: 'John Thurston'; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Looking for Release Advice

John,

Thanks for your input.   You are right I did not mention the O/S or platform.   We currently run HP DL380 G5s running RedHat 5.   The new server is an IBM x86 machine, not sure the model as the Euro team is providing, but it will be built out with RedHat 6.  We chose 6 because most of our Linux servers are on RedHat 6 and I am training a new admin as part of this project.   I do not want to confuse him with RedHat 7 and all its differences.

..Bruce