[Xymon] Organizing alerts.cfg - any good ideas?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Sep 16 18:17:37 CEST 2015

I’m at the same point.

We’ve been adding things, like an external notification system and html messages. And with multiple people making the additions, the file has gotten a little out of control. We have had a few phantom pages to the new system; that shouldn’t have and didn’t page out, but the notification report thinks they did.

I plan to sit down, in the not too distant future, and audit the thing and see if I can’t get it back under control.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Betsy Schwartz
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:12 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Organizing alerts.cfg - any good ideas?

We're getting to the point where our alerts.cfg is a bit awkward, with lots of exceptions

Does anyone have any way of organizing alerts.cfg that they really like?
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.