[Xymon] xymonsend.ps1

Neil Simmonds neilsimmonds1808 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:57:34 CEST 2015

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble with the xymonsend.ps1 script. I've got a
VB script that creates a file with a first line that looks like this,

status fully.qualified.hostname.tserv_proc green 11/09/2015 13:45:00

and I'm using the following command to send it to my Xymon server,

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoLogo
-NonInteractive -File "C:\Xymon\Xymonsend.ps1" XymonServe @
"C:\Xymon\tserv_proc"

If I run the command from a powershell prompt as

.\xymonsend.ps1 XymonServe @ "C:\Xymon\tserv.proc"

then it seems to not like the @  (my fake hostname is the same length as
the real one)

PS C:\Xymon> .\xymonsend.ps1 XymonServe @ "C:\Xymon\tserv_proc"
Unrecognized token in source text.
At line:1 char:28
+ .\xymonsend.ps1 XymonServe  <<<< @ "C:\Xymon\tserv_proc"
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [],
ParentContainsErrorRecordEx
   ception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnrecognizedToken

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Neil.