[Xymon] Migrating away from SourceForge?

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Sep 10 00:16:02 CEST 2015

On Wed, September 9, 2015 2:50 am, Dr. Markus Stoll, junidas GmbH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unfortunately this issue is lost somehow.
>
> I am far from blaming anyone, I know how hard it is to find some spare
> time for open source projects like this.
>
> But I think, moving to something like github could really improve the
> current
> situation, as other people could prepare change proposals as pull
> requests.
> This should really make things easier for the project maintainers.
>
> Markus

I'm somewhat agnostic personally on a move to github -- it would
definitely make it easier for social interaction within patches, partially
due to its features and partially due to its simple popularity. Again,
that would be up to Henrik for the final call.

The slowdown in commits over the last three months was actually somewhat
intentional. With the large number of versions out there, I wanted time
for stabilization with the 4.3.21 release, and to get us closer to a more
current baseline.

There were a lot of patches and feature adds going in up until right
before that tarball was cut.

Regards,

-jc