[Xymon] custom TCP port for sending messages to server

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat May 23 18:41:42 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 8:01 am, vlk - wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use xymon as monitoring platform for servers. After upgrade clients to
> version 4.3.20 they have stopped to send data via cgi script. Last working
> version was 4.3.17.
> I think the problem is in parsing XYMONSERVERS variable from configuration
> file.
>
> this works properly in all versions:
> XYMONSERVERS="http://xymon_server/xymon/xymoncgimsg.cgi"
>
> this does not (4.2.18 and later):
> XYMONSERVERS="http://xymon_server:custom_port/xymon/xymoncgimsg.cgi"
>
> The custom port is needed, because I use external SSL layer under http
> (stunnel). Unfortunately cannot use standard TCP/443.
>
> Could somebody fix it?
>
> Will be possible use https directly in the next releases?
>
> Many thanks
> Vladimir

Hi,

Can you send in a debug log from a run from one of the new clients (and,
if possible one still running 4.3.17) showing what's happening?

e.g.: xymon --debug http://xymon_server:custom_port/xymon/xymoncgimsg.cgi
ping

Regarding direct 'https' submission, IIRC this is part of the SSL support
generally that's in trunk.

Regards,

-jc