[Xymon] custom TCP port for sending messages to server

vlk - k_vlado at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 17:01:24 CEST 2015

Hello,

I use xymon as monitoring platform for servers. After upgrade clients to version 4.3.20 they have stopped to send data via cgi script. Last working version was 4.3.17.
I think the problem is in parsing XYMONSERVERS variable from configuration file.

this works properly in all versions:
XYMONSERVERS="http://xymon_server/xymon/xymoncgimsg.cgi"

this does not (4.2.18 and later):
XYMONSERVERS="http://xymon_server:custom_port/xymon/xymoncgimsg.cgi"

The custom port is needed, because I use external SSL layer under http (stunnel). Unfortunately cannot use standard TCP/443.

Could somebody fix it?

Will be possible use https directly in the next releases?

Many thanks
Vladimir