[Xymon] (TS) Trying to setup xymon on a VoIP asterisk server

Tom Schmitt dtsmon at gmail.com
Sat May 9 01:53:30 CEST 2015

I still got the same results:
/xymon 404
/xymon/ permissions problem

I separated the xymon apache config and placed it in the conf.d directory
the same problem as above

so I tried to re-install xymon in the asterisk home directory
I had to allow login in the passwd file from /sbin/nologin -> /bin/bash
this created a huge mess as the paths in xymon all want you to use the
xymon user location.
I removed it from the asterisk directory and re-installed it in the xymon
user directory.

I then went changed permissions:
    chgrp asterisk /home/xymon
    chgrp asterisk /home/xymon/cgi-bin
    chgrp asterisk /home/xymon/cgi-secure

    chmod 775 /home/xymon
    chmod 775 /home/xymon/cgi-bin
    chmod 775 /home/xymon/cgi-secure

and now I can access the xymon web pages

I don't know if there will be other bumps in the accesses but I will
continue to work on them

Thanks all (Jeremy, J C, any anyone else I missed)
I'll try testing some of my scripts as soon as I setup some additional
devices, etc.

Thanks Again!!!
Tom Schmitt