[Xymon] Reporting

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Mar 30 07:37:05 CEST 2015

On 30 March 2015 at 14:37, J.C. Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org> wrote:

> For the start and end options to rrdtool, it's actually expecting unix
> epoch timestamps.

Actually, rrdgraph also has pretty good parsing, not necessarily requiring
epoch-times.  For example you can say:

   -s "end-1week" -e "now-2d"

meaning "from 2 days ago to one week before then".

and

  -s "-1week" -e "s+2d"

meaning "from 1 week ago to 2 days after then".  ("s"="start"; "e"="end";
"-1week" = "now-1week").

Can also specify dates in human-readable form as long as they comply with
the AT-STYLE time specification:

https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdfetch.en.html#IAT_STYLE_TIME_SPECIFICATION

I think the only error in this:

rrdtool fetch $I MAX -r 900 -s "12am Mar 1" -e "12am Mar 27" | egrep

is that you specified "12am" instead of "12:00am" and didn't specify a
year.  So try "12:00am Mar 1 2015" for your start time.  If you don't
specify a time of day, the year doesn't seem to be required, and I would
expect would default to the current year.