[Xymon] non-blinking icons (nb-red.gif et al) for Xymon status?

Andrew Rakowski landrew at pnnl.gov
Wed Mar 18 22:55:19 CET 2015

Just wanted to thank both Sean and JC for the pointers, and comment on
what I ended up doing.

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015, Sean MacGuire wrote:

> Gifs are available here: http://happyplace.openenglish.com/bb/gifs/
>
> There were only 3 non-blinking gifs:

The nb-<color>.gif files Sean points out are *just* like the ones from
BigBroPro, so I mv'd the old {red,yellow,purple}.gif files out of the way
and symlinked them to the nb-{red,yellow,purple}.gif files, and everyone
was happy (and system resources to display the constant blinking dropped
to a much lower consumption level.)

> J.C. Cleaver wrote:
[...snip...]
>>  There are also other icons available at
>>  https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/addons that could be used.

The "LED Themes" by Malcolm Hunter, from the "addons" wiki which JC
mentioned has a nice, professional looking set of icons (both "Modern" and
"Classic" shaped "LEDs".  Sadly, these still have "blinking" for the
"*-recent.gif" files, so they look nice, but don't act nicely when viewed
remotely.

I guess I'll just live with the standard Xymon devilishly winking
red-recent.gif, and strange three-eyed green-recent.gif files to keep
showing the "ages" of the states.

Thanks again...

-Andrew