[Xymon] Postfix queue monitor - no graphs

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Mar 13 07:17:55 CET 2015

On 13 March 2015 at 12:38, J.C. Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org> wrote:

> Actually, I believe you'll need to kill the owning xymond_channel process
> as well. xymond_rrd's environment is inherited from xymond_channel, and
> xymond_channel won't notice any changes in xymonserver.cfg, since it's
> simply loaded in by xymonlaunch prior to fork+execution.

Yeah, that's what I would have thought.  But the man page for "How to setup
custom graphs" (https://www.xymon.com/help/howtograph.html) in reference to
setting SPLITNCV says,

 "you must restart Xymon after making these changes ... or at least, kill
the xymond_rrd process ... and they will pick up the new settings."

I think xymond_channel dies when xymond_rrd dies, and so it's actually
xymonlaunch that restarts them both, and at that time, loads their
environment from the "ENVFILE" setting in tasks.cfg.

Cheers
Jeremy