[Xymon] rrd logs and graphs

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Mar 11 05:02:51 CET 2015

On 11 March 2015 at 14:18, Vernon Everett <everett.vernon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you got that one nailed.

You might be overselling this finding a little.  But it's progress
nonetheless.

> I added
>   send ""
>   expect ""
> as you requested, and it cores again.
> This time on the next entry, which is telnets

I run v4.3.10, and I can't get it to dump core the same way yours does,
when "--debug" is used.  Mine says "(null)" when there is no send or expect
defined.  The source code file containing the code that triggers the core
dump is identical to one from 4.3.18.  I've also tested it on a 4.3.18
installation (using the RPM package from Terabithia) but also won't fail.

Please can you try this:

printf "@@data#0/host|||||conn||\ndata host.trends\n\n@@\n" | XYMONTMP=/tmp
~xymon/server/bin/xymond_rrd --rrddir=/dev/null --debug

(adjust path to xymond_rrd and xymon username if required)

For me, this displays the debug output at least as far as when parsing the
protocols.cfg file.  If this also dumps core for you then we can work on
fixing the core dump without risking your production Xymon config.  You
could also build a binary and run it from an alternative location so that
the production binary isn't touched.

I realize this doesn't fix your problem for you.  But I'm optimistic that
the debug output might point to where your problem is.