[Xymon] Regarding xymon alerts

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Thu Mar 5 15:23:21 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015, at 22:19, Nisha Agrawal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup xymon server 4.3.10, here I have the issue with xymon
> alerts.
> When conn test for a xymon client fail, I get alerts for all the services
> monitored on the client, same when I reboot the client then the recovered
> alert I get for all the services.  In such situation I just wants the
> alert
> for
> conn test not all the services.  Please help me to avoid this flood of
> alerts.

Hi Nisha,

Can you provide your alerts.cfg? Feel free to sanitize any sensitive
information. I suspect you are matching all services like this:

HOST=* SERVICE=* COLOR=red DURATION>15m
        $ALERT_MARK

The SERVICE=* means it will match every service, which may be what
you've run into. Or perhaps you need to add a STOP so it doesn't fall
through to another rule.