[Xymon] rrd logs and graphs

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Mar 5 02:11:19 CET 2015

On Wed, March 4, 2015 2:52 pm, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> On 04/03/2015 6:02 PM, "Vernon Everett" <everett.vernon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like we might need to check with JC for more on that GOCLIENT
>> thing.
>> I just find it odd that it happened about the same time as the
>> corruption.
>> I haven't seen it again today, and haven't seen any other corruption
> either.
>
> If there's a correlation it might help us work out where the fault is. But
> it might be only a symptom.
>
>> As for the --debug option, it caused xymond_rrd to crash and burn,
> dumping cores as we go.
>
> Could be that thensame bug causing the crash during debug is also causing
> the corrupt filename. Have you analyzed the core dumps?

GOCLIENT is indeed the means by which xymond_channel listeners communicate
with xymond for the picking up of messages over SysV IPC. I believe the
messages there are just a side effect of it re-launching the channel
listener pipe to xymond_rrd.

The cache routines in xymond_rrd should be stable at this point. Can you
send a backtrace in from one of the cores? I'm curious where things could
be acting up here.

Regards,

-jc