Installation xymon-4.3.18

Ales Krek aleskrek at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 22:04:49 CET 2015

Thank you for your help! It worked! :) but now I have another problem. When I want to configure Apache server with command /home/ak/server/etc/xymon-apache.conf

I get
ak at ubuntu:~/server/etc$ ./xymon-apache.conf
./xymon-apache.conf: line 14: Alias: command not found
./xymon-apache.conf: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./xymon-apache.conf: line 15: `<Directory "/home/ak/server/www">'
ak at ubuntu:~/server/etc$

and don't know what to do. I was googling it but now success. I was reading http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-October/032628.html that article but the problem is I cant run ./xymon-apache.conf.

     On Monday, March 2, 2015 6:52 PM, J.C. Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org> wrote:

On Mon, March 2, 2015 3:55 am, Ales Krek wrote:
> when I type last command to install the program
> sudo make install
> i get this
> .....cp -fp xymongrep xymondigest xymon xymoncmd xymonlaunch xymoncfg
> y/server/bin/
> cp: target `y/server/bin/' is not a directory
> make[1]: *** [install-bin] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ak/xymon/xymon-4.3.18/common'
> make: *** [install-common] Error 2
> ak at ubuntu:~/xymon/xymon-4.3.18$
>
> what can i do?
> Thank you for your support!
>
> Aleš Krek

Hi,

I believe you might have accidentally typed "y" in response to a
./configure question that was looking for a directory name. (Possibly
asking for the xymonhome directory.)

Can you do a make distclean and run through the config process again? If
it recurs, can you attach the contents of the root-level 'Makefile' file
that the ./configure script(s) generate out?

Regards,

-jc