[Xymon] Xymon Client Masquerade IP Address Reported

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Mon Jun 29 15:58:11 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am a fairly new user to the Xymon monitoring tool, and I am working in an
unusual environment.  In this environment, the Xymon server lives outside
of a NATed private IP environment, which contains all of the clients.  So,
of course, the clients report private IPs to the server, which are then
registered in hosts.cfg.  The problem is that I do not have access to
change the settings on the server, because it is not managed by me, and the
IPs listed in our monitoring dashboard are unreachable, since the server
would use NATed public IPs to reach the clients.

Does anyone know of a way to force the Xymon client to report a specific IP
address, especially one which may not actually be present on the host?  I
went through the docs, and didn't see an obvious way to make this happen,
with most of the relevant advice suggesting aliasing multiple IPs to one
client, on the Xymon server side, which I can't do, in this case.

Many thanks!
- Alex