[Xymon] Temperature graphs

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Jun 11 20:53:07 CEST 2015

You'd probably have better luck if you made it colon separated.
Routing Engine Temperature: 43

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of David Fogarty
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:47 PM
To: 'xymon at xymon.com'
Subject: [Xymon] Temperature graphs

I've got a couple snmp tests and I'm trying to graph their output.  I
tried putting in my own rrd script to collect the data, but there seems to
be a built-in one overriding mine.  So, I tried to format my test output
to work with that, but I'm just getting rrd files that lack any data.

The main line of the test is like this:
   &green Routing Engine Temperature 43

It causes the creation of a file like this:
   /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/<hostname>/temperature.Routing_Engine_Temperature.rrd

When I use "rrdtool dump" I still get data like this and an empty graph.

If someone knows the correct format for temperature tests, I'd be set.

Also, we've got snmp collecting memory data for some equipment that we'd
like to override internal graphing on specific hosts if that can be done.
Reformatting output on that may be a bit harder.

The obvious answer is to change the test names for our custom ones, but my
boss is very opposed to creating new columns in xymon.

Thanks,
Dave Fogarty

--
Senior System Administrator