[Xymon] Bug or feature?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Fri Jun 5 18:47:43 CEST 2015

You are disabling the alarm, not the test.  Ignore is probably a better description, yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of John Thurston
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 11:07 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Bug or feature?

On 6/5/2015 5:44 AM, Root, Paul T wrote:
> If you set the test to disabled until a certain time, when the test
> runs, whether it has a green result or not, it will not clear out the
> disabled status.

When I explain it to my users, I tell them it should have been named
"ignore" rather than "disable".

Forcing the status to blue doesn't prevent messages from arriving or
tests from being run, it just has xymongen ignore everything and present
blue. As such, you are seeing the expected behavior.

> If you had disabled “until ok” then it would have cleared.

This is one of the nicest improvements from Big Brother :)

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration