[Xymon] Errors for acknowledge alerts in 4.3.18

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jul 2 22:14:09 CEST 2015

On 03/07/2015 1:07 AM, "Nicole Beck" <nskyrca at syr.edu> wrote:

> I probably should add that I have removed the “—no-pin” option from the
CGI_ACK_OPTS in cgioptions.cfg.

Unlikely to be related to the problem.

> I'm not that familiar with working with core files, but here is the
output. Hopefully I did it right.

Yes, you've done well.

> #0  0x0000000000402b4f in main (argc=<value optimized out>,
>     argv=<value optimized out>) at acknowledge.c:392
> 392                             if (strncmp(awalk->period, "hour", 4) ==
0) awalk->validity *= 60;
Ah. This is a bug that is triggered when specifying the ack validity period
with the string "hour". I don't know the fix, but a work around might be to
specify validity without units (I'm guessing it defaults to minutes).

JC, has this bug been fixed in later versions?