[Xymon] errors with custom graphs

Sheel Shah Sheel.Shah at rd.com
Thu Jan 29 22:34:12 CET 2015

Hi J.C.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, switching it to a SPLITNCV didn't have any effect. When I used the RRDTOOL to dump the contents of the RRD files, the data values are still showing as NaN. I confirmed the script I wrote is displaying the data in the new column on the Xymon homepage (column name is MC-TFH-8K01-11111). This is what is showing when I click the green icon to view the detail:

Hits : <number value>
Misses : <number value>
reqs : <number value>
Gets : <number value>
Gets per min : <number value>
Sets per min : <number value>
Sets : <number value>
storage : <number value>
items : <number value>
hitratio : <percentage value>
Used Connection : <percentage value>

Are the datatypes required to be uniquely named? In another column on the same host, I have similar data being displayed, with the same names. The graphing functions correctly in that column.

I apologize, but I am somewhat new to writing scripts in Xymon. I'm not familiar with the Xymon_rrd tool. Can you explain how to have it generate the rrd files and to run in debug mode?

Thanks,
Sheel