[Xymon] errors with custom graphs

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jan 28 04:19:23 CET 2015

On Tue, January 27, 2015 11:45 am, Sheel Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set up some custom graphs to monitor my Memcached instances. However, I
> appear to have run into an issue. I set up my xymonserver.cfg to collect
> all of my data into one NCV file, as evidenced by my TEST2RRD and my
> configuration below. I also believe I defined the datatypes appropriately.
> The issue that I am seeing is in the RRD file itself, when I use the
> RRDTOOL to dump the file. All of the values for the various datatypes are
> showing as NaN. Would someone be able to point me in the direction of what
> I could be doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Sheel
>
> TEST2RRD="<other
> stuff>,memcache-test=ncv,MC-TFH-8K01-11221=ncv,MC-TFH-8K01-11222=ncv,MC-TFH-8K02-11221=ncv,MC-TFH-8K02-11222=ncv"
>
> NCV_memcache-test="Hits:GAUGE,Misses:GAUGE,reqs:GAUGE,Gets:GAUGE,Sets:GAUGE,storage:GAUGE,items:GAUGE,hitratio:GAUGE,*:NONE"
> NCV_MC-TFH-8K01-11111="Hits:DERIVE,Misses:DERIVE,reqs:DERIVE,Gets:DERIVE,Sets:DERIVE,storage:DERIVE,items:DERIVE,hitratio:DERIVE,*:NONE"

Sheel,

Many of our tests are using SPLITNCV, but that seems like it should be
valid syntax.

Have you been doing development on this system? RRDtool will expect the
template to match exactly and if the rrd file has a different set of DS's
in it from its initial definition the values might not be being inserted
properly.

You might want to try blowing away any existing RRD files for this type
and letting xymond_rrd re-create them.

Also, can you try running xymond_rrd in --debug mode to see if any unusual
errors are thrown on insertion?

HTH,

-jc