[Xymon] displaying external content within xymon ?

Andrey Chervonets A.Chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Jan 14 09:17:53 CET 2015

"Xymon" <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> wrote on 10.01.2015 13:00:01:

> My boss want to display external content within xymon. Let me explain;
he
> want to be able to display
> weather information (related to our DC) and so on.
> Can be this goal be done? Any suggestion about best aproach?

You can put any content in Your custom test output. As well as HTML code
too.
I do it in the following way
# do check, etc. and collect all required content to display in one file
echo "<BR>My DC Report: "                        >  ${TEST_DETAILS_FILE}
my_xymon_independent_script_to_show_info.sh     >>  ${TEST_DETAILS_FILE}
echo "<BR>-- enf of report --"                  >> ${TEST_DETAILS_FILE}
# do whatever else required
# SEND ALL TO BBDISPLAY with multiline arguments in ""

$BB $BBDISP "status $MACHINE.$TEST $COLOR `date`
     `cat ${TEST_DETAILS_FILE} `
"
# EOF

Best regards,